Android refers to an operating system (OS) that runs on thousands of smartphones and tablets from various manufacturers in the world. Brands such as Samsung, Tecno, Itel, Motorola, and Oukitel among others use Android as their operating system. Nokia had initially opted to run on windows but faced stiff competition until they resulted in using Android. Sometimes Android smartphones may experience poor network due to some reasons. Today I will show you how to boost network signals on Android devices.
Poor signal coverage on cell phones is such a big disadvantage because you can lack important information from people. In such scenarios, you can experience call dropping, or become completely unavailable. Moreover, you cannot send messages or surf the internet.
Phones usually display the tag ‘Emergency Calls Only’ when there is no network coverage within a given area. Network signal issues may be short-lived or long-term. There are various causes of poor network coverage on your Android device. The most common cause of network problems is being far away from the nearest cell tower.
In such a case, you may see one or two network bars on your phone or no network bar at all. Other causes of the poor network are barriers such as mountains, hills, and tall buildings. Bad weather such as fog and tower overload can also lead to poor networks.
What are network signals?
Network signals are waves that connect devices to one another. Cellular phone signals connect your phone to other phones when messaging, calling, or chatting online. The signals also connect you to the internet so that you can browse various sites.
Network signals are invisible and require boosters to reach your cell phone. When you call, text, or connect to the internet, the service provider receives your request and transfers you to the nearest cell phone tower.
Sometimes you might be very far from the nearest cell tower, especially if your home is in a remote area. In such a case, you need to know how to boost cell signals at home for free, which you will be able to learn about later in this article.
Who owns the Android operating system?
The android operating system is a product of Google. Google is a large technology company that specializes in Internet-related activities and products, such as online marketing, search engine services, etc.
First, the operating system was developed by a software company name Android, Inc., which is located in Silicon Valley. Google later acquired the OS in 2005. Since then, Google has been working with the world’s phone giants by selling them the system.
How does the Android operating system work?
The operation of the Android system is complex. However, I will explain it in simple language without going into further details. The utmost goal is to keep the phone running. The following are the things that an android operating system can do.
- It facilitates calling. You can call people using their phone contacts. You only need to purchase a SIM card from the service provider of your choice and get started. Furthermore, you can call others online via various applications such as WhatsApp, Facebook, and Google Meet.
- Allows you to send and receive messages. Android has a feature that helps you to communicate with others via text messaging. The service requires a SIM card as well with a specific number assigned to you. You can also send messages online using Facebook messenger, WhatsApp, email service, and Twitter among others.
- Taking videos and photographs. Smartphones running on Android systems allow you to capture videos as well as photos for your future reference. You can save them online in Google Drive or have them in the internal storage memory, or even in a removable storage space such as a memory card and flash disk.
- Entertainment. An android device comes with lots of entertainment features. You can play music, videos, and games using unique applications. Android devices come with an FM radio app that allows you to listen to your favorite radio stations. The devices, therefore, contribute to the well-being of millions of users in the world.
- Online banking. Android systems come with secure payment features that allow you to manage various payment apps online. Today, you can run your bank account from your palm using a smartphone.
- The OS allows you to access the internet. All android devices allow you to access the internet via browsers and apps. Smartphones have changed how people get information. Today, millions of students rely on online sources of information in their research activities.
- It helps you to stay up to date. The android operating system has a calendar function that allows you to view dates. Times have passed when people relied on paper calendars which could sometimes be confusing if you do not keep track of the days. You even do not need a watch as android smartphones have time that automatically updates to the current time zone. You can even set alarms and reminders in your calendar to never miss an event.
- The android operating system has WiFi features that enable you to connect to a local network to access the internet. Furthermore, a feature called WiFi Direct allows you to connect to devices such as printers, security cameras, and other phones.
- Bluetooth. The feature allows you to share files with other phones. There are various versions of Bluetooth. The latest can transfer files faster and share your phone’s internet.
How to boost network signals for Android
Network signals are essential for communication using your smartphone. If you experience poor network signals, there are ways you can boost them to continue enjoying the connections. The following are ways you can boost android network signals for better performance.
1) Use a cell phone signal amplifier
If you wonder how to boost cell signals in a rural area, use a cell phone network signal booster. Numerous companies in the world make amplifiers to boost cellular networks. Cellular signal amplifiers pick poor signals from the nearest cell tower and amplify them. The phones within the amplifier coverage can get strong signals for communication.
An amplifier has three parts. They include an external antenna, an amplifier, and an internal antenna. The external antenna picks the available signals and directs them to the amplifier which then boosts the signals. The internal antenna then picks up the cellular signals and broadcasts them to the surroundings.
2) Update the operating system
Manufacturers keep on incorporating new features into their operating systems. That leaves phones with earlier operating systems performing a bit poorly. Therefore, the only option is to update the operating system to incorporate the latest features.
3) Upgrade to the latest operating systems
Upgrading to the latest operating system can help boost cellular signals in your phone. Usually, the latest Android operating systems have strong network reception compared to the older versions. Even though not all manufacturers give you options to upgrade your phone’s OS, you should do so without hesitation if you have a phone that can upgrade.
4) Get a new SIM card
Initial SIM cards supported 2G networks. As time went on, 3G and 4G SIM cards came to the market. Now we have 5 G-enabled SIM cards that allow faster communication. You can experience poor network signals if you are using an outdated SIM card.
The only option is to upgrade to the latest SIM card technology. 4G and 5G SIM cards are currently the best. In fact, this is a cheap way to boost cell phone signals.
5) Restore factory settings
You can opt to restore the factory settings of your phone to make things smooth. Restoring factory settings returns the phone to its original status when you bought it. Sometimes loading your phone with items such as apps, music, videos, and documents can lead to interference of the operating system leading to poor network connectivity.
Viruses enter phones and computers through such items and are among contributors to poor network reception. To restore your phone to factory settings, navigate to the ‘Settings’ app and scroll down to back up and reset, then choose reset and follow prompts. There is a big probability that your phone will start functioning well after this activity.
6) Take your phone for repair
If you try everything you can to restore your android phone network signals to no avail, then you only have the option to take it for repairs. If you are still within your manufacturer’s warranty, you should take it to the nearest collection center.
If your warranty does not exist, then you will need to pay for the diagnosis and repair. Above all, you should take your device to a qualified technician.
Is the Android operating System better than iOS?
Android is far much better than iOS in that it can excellently arrange apps for you and let you know the less useful apps. Android applications are also easy to operate as compared to iOS apps.
However, iOS is far better as far as phone security and system optimization are concerned, even when using a small RAM.
The android operating system is a product from Google that helps to run smartphones to facilitate calling, texting, and accessing the internet. Android, Inc. developed the operating system before selling it to Google in 2005.
There are ways to boost Android OS cellular phone signals, with the most reliable one being a cell signal amplifier. Even though Android has many amazing features, iOS is much better in terms of phone security and memory optimization.