Most people living in remote, rural areas also have limited cell phone signals since dead zones are standard in such places. Therefore, it’s crucial to have a reliable cell phone signal booster for rural areas to stay connected with friends and family and attend to emergency matters whenever they arise. If you study, work, or run your business from home, you won’t worry about poor internet connectivity or missed or dropped calls.
Studies show that 97% of U.S. residents own a mobile phone, though cellular coverage is not evenly distributed all over the country. In remote areas and rural environments, poor cell reception is so common due to dead zones that happen due to the distance of the nearby cell tower. A cell phone signal booster can transform your poor-signal dead zone to life, improving connectivity inside or outside of your home, farm, vehicle, or office.
However, a home booster can assist you to eliminate the frustration of dropping calls, unable to connect to the internet, and having spotty service. The ultimate convenience you’re hoping for is brought about when you boost mobile signal in rural areas for a reliable cell phone signal. Notably, we all depend majorly on reliable cellular service for working and studying remotely, making calls, texting, and shopping online.
What is a Cell Phone Signal Booster?
A cell phone signal booster functions by taking in the existing weak signal, multiply it and redistribute the improved signal inside your rural home, office, or vehicle. However, the boosters are helpful when you have weak, but not with no signal at all.
Your phone measures network strength by showing bars, but wireless companies measure signal in -dBm. Usually, a number bigger than about 90dBm (like -80 or -70) is substantial. On the other hand, a number down below -110dBm it’s a weak signal. A number below -120dBm means you’ll have trouble holding onto any signal at all.
What Are The Best 10 Cell Phone Signal Booster for Rural Areas?
1) weBoost Home MultiRoom- 470144
- TARGETED COVERAGE FOR TWO TO THREE ROOMS — The Home MultiRoom provides enhanced cellular reception...
- CARRIER COMPATIBILITY — Home MultiRoom works with all U. S. carriers; including Verizon, AT&T,...
- TOOL-FREE INSTALLATION — No drills necessary while using a flat window cable to connect the Home...
The Home MultiRoom delivers enhanced cellular reception for up to 5 000 square feet or up to three rooms, enabling everyone to enjoy fewer dropped calls, better voice quality, and faster data speeds within its coverage area. Besides, it works with all U. S. carriers, including Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Straight Talk, and U. S. Cellular, in addition to phones and cellular-connected devices.
However, with 65 dB max gain, the Home MultiRoom complies with all FCC guidelines and won’t block or harm any carriers’ signals to and from its network tower. With the 21 dBm in uplink-output power and 12 dBm in downlink-output power, this home booster quickly reaches cell phone towers from far distances.
The booster meets the requirements of the standards applied. FCC certification number: PWO460059. and it’s approved to operate and amplify cell signals on frequency bands 12/17, 13, 5, 4, 2.
- Works with all U.S. carriers
- 5G compatible
- Easy to install
- FCC compliant
- Increased signal strength
- For indoor use
2) HiBoost Smart Link – Cell Phone Signal Booster
- 【BOOSTS SIGNAL FOR HOME】: Hiboost cell phone signal amplifier boosts weak signal up to 15,000...
- 【WORK WITH ALL CARRIERS】: Support all US and Canadian carriers of AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile,...
- 【5G COMPATIBLE】: This cell booster supports 5G and delivers the astonishing high speed, it is...
HiBoost Smart Link supports all U.S. and Canadian carriers of AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, Straight Talk, U.S. Cellular, and cover 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, and its 5G compatible. Additionally, the Hiboost cell phone signal amplifier boosts weak signal up to 15,000 sq. ft. Plus, it enhances the signal in your home, office, shop, building up to 100x. The installation is tool-free, with drills necessary since wire can pass through the window bottom to connect the outside antenna and the cell signal booster.
However, its friendly to multi-room and multi-user and supports 5G delivering astonishing high speed. Besides, it’s made according to 5G technology within the FCC regulation permitted bands under the signal booster category. HiBoost offers U.S.-based tech-support-online app chat, phone, and email for contacting anytime, anywhere you need service.
- Durable construction
- Improves Reception on Phones, Tablets, and Hotspots
- 3- years warranty
- Supports multi-room and multi-user
- Compatible with 5G and all carriers
- Relatively expensive
3) SureCall Fusion4Home cell phone signal booster for rural areas – Home and Office
- Product Features: The Sure Call Fusion4Home Yagi/Panel boosts weak signal in areas up to 5, 000 sq....
- Best For: The Sure Call Fusion4Home Yagi/Panel is the most powerful cell phone signal booster for...
- Future Proof: The SureCall Fusion4Home Yagi/Panel is compatible with all 5G phones. It will boost...
Stay connected in your home or office with SureCall’s Fusion4Home, the most powerful cell phone signal booster that provides solid and reliable connections for talk, text, and fast 4G LTE data throughout homes or small buildings in the most remote and challenging areas. The Sure Call Fusion4Home Yagi/Panel boosts the weak signal in areas up to 5 000 sq. ft., resulting in fewer dropped calls, improved battery life, higher audio quality, and faster data and streaming.
Additionally, the Fusion4Home features 2XP technology, which doubles the uplink transmission power (up to 26 dBm) to maintain your connection throughout the weakest cell signal environments. The Sure Call Fusion4Home Yagi/Panel is the ideal cell phone signal booster for large homes in rural and suburban areas. The indoor coverage area varies depending on available outdoor signal strength: 1-2 bars ~2 000 sq. Ft, 3-4 bars ~3 000 sq. Ft, 5 bars ~5 000 sq. Ft.
- High-quality, durable metal housing
- Compatible with all U.S. carriers and 4G & 5G devices
- DIY installation
- Installation takes a process
4) weBoost Drive Reach OTR (477154)
- POWERFUL TRUCK BOOSTER — The weBoost Drive Reach OTR powerfully boosts signal for fewer dropped...
- CARRIER COMPATIBILITY — With multi-user functionality, every passenger can enjoy stronger cell...
- COVERAGE FOR ALL TRUCKS — Designed to enhance signal coverage for all trucks with a 3-way antenna...
The weBoost Drive Reach OTR improves your cell signal anywhere on the road. The kit includes a height-adjustable antenna, a slim in-vehicle antenna, and a cutting-edge booster that reaches farther than Drive 4G-X OTR to pick up existing cell signals. The Drive Reach OTR will amplify cell signals from available bands 4, 5, 12/17, 13, and 25/2. Besides, it supports the latest 5G technology, working seamlessly within a 5G network to deliver the best cell signal possible.
Moreover, Drive Reach OTR is designed to enhance all trucks’ signal coverage with a 3-way antenna mount, spring, mast extensions up to 40″, mounting hardware, side exit adapter, thread locker, and cable. The outside antenna complies with the current NEMA IP66 standards and U.S. military guidelines, meaning it can handle extreme shaking while being protected from dust, oil, and water.
The booster complies with the requirements of FCC certification number PWO460061. Plus, it is approved to work on frequency bands 12, 13, 5, 4, 2 without interfering or harming any wireless carriers’ signals to and from its cell tower.
- Outstanding build quality
- Works with all network and carriers
- Has multi-user functionality
- 5G compatible
- DIY installation
- A bit costly
5) Cel-Fi GO X -100 dB Single-Carrier Cell Phone Signal Booster for Homes & Offices
- 2X DOME/PANEL ANTENNA KIT: This version of the Cel-Fi GO X cell signal booster for AT&T, Verizon or...
- 100dB SINGLE-CARRIER BOOSTER ADVANTAGE: The GO X is the only 100dB cellular signal booster. The GO X...
- FASTEST DATA RATES: Slow data rates are the excruciating symptom of weak signal. The Cel-Fi GO X...
This Cel-Fi GO X cell signal booster version for AT&T, Verizon, or T-Mobile features 2x indoor panel antenna,2x indoor dome antennas, and a 2-way signal splitter. However, you can use any two antennas and discard the others. The GO X is the only 100dB cellular signal booster that amplifies one cell carrier at a time but boosts the signal by 40 dB more than other boosters.
Notably, the gain is a measure of amplification, and more gain means faster data rates, a larger coverage area, and a better cell signal. With the Cel-Fi GO X boosting your cell signal, you will get no dropped calls and poor audio quality. On the other hand, this booster is designed in California and certified as a cell phone signal booster with FCC certification ID YETG32-2451213.
- Good quality connectors
- Provides the strongest cell signal
- Fully FCC certified
- Reliable for indoor and outdoor use
- Large’s coverage area
6) ORPEY Cell Phone Signal Booster Repeater Amplifier – Home and Office
- 【Better Voice and Data】 Boosts voice, text, 3G and 4G LTE signals, reduces dropped and missed...
- 【Compatible with All US Networks】 Works on Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Straight Talk...
- 【Check Your Band and Outside Signal Before Purchase】 Your cell phone should work on same...
This gadget covers up to 5500 sq. ft and works on Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Straight Talk, U.S. Cellular, and more, and is compatible with all mobile phones and devices. It improves text, voice, 3G, and 4G LTE signals, minimizes dropped and missed calls, and offers speedy data performance for multiple simultaneous users of band 2/4/5/13/12/17.
Most importantly, you need to check your band and outside signal before purchase. Your cell phone should work on the same frequency band as the cell phone booster. These cell phone signal boosters can only boost an existing signal, and if there is no outdoor signal, the booster will not work for you.
With the help of automatic gain control, the booster can detect the level of an incoming signal and then self-adjust for best performance. It offers a maximum signal gain of 65 decibels. This means that your booster will continually optimize to provide you with the strongest signal and connection to keep your bars up and to browse speeds fast.
- Compatible with All us carriers
- Straightforward installation
- 3-month free replacement
- 3-year manufacturer warranty
- Not 5G enabled
7) weBoost Drive X RV (471410) cell phone signal booster
- STRONGER CELL SIGNAL — Capable of reaching towers at distances up to 33% farther range than the...
- CARRIER COMPATIBILITY — With multi-user functionality, every passenger can enjoy stronger cell...
- MODULAR-ANTENNA DESIGN — Drive X RV’s rugged outside antenna can be installed using several...
weBoost got you covered no matter where your journey takes you, and it’s designed for use with R.V. and motorhome moving plus stationary objects. However, all R.V. classes include Class A and Class C and towable campers and travel trailers. This booster amplifies a stronger cell signal capable of reaching towers at distances up to 33% farther range than the Drive Sleek.
As a result, the weBoost Drive X RV signal booster delivers better voice quality, fewer dropped calls, faster internet, improved audio and video streaming, and more excellent hotspot capability even in remote areas. It has multi-user functionality, and every passenger can enjoy stronger cell signals from AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, U.S. Cellular, and all carriers. The Drive X RV provides a more robust cell service with a reduced battery power consumption for up to 2 hours of extra talk time.
Moreover, the booster is compliant with the requirements of the standards applied. FCC certification number: PWO460021 and get approved to operate on frequency bands 12, 13, 5, 4, 2, without interrupting or harming any cell carriers’ signals to and from the cell tower. It is also a feature for easy-to-follow DIY installation, all without the need to drill holes in your R.V.
- Longer cell phones battery life
- FCC compliant
- Easy-to-follow DIY installation
- Multiple users’ coverage from all networks and carriers
- 5G compatible
- Not ideal for home indoor use
8) HiBoost cell phone signal booster , up to 12,000 sq ft, FCC Approved
- 【2 Indoor Antennas】HiBoost cell phone booster provides 2 indoor antennas to double coverage, 1st...
- 【HiBoost APP Fine Tune BEST Power】The cellular signal booster covers typical 8,000 Sq. ft....
- 【5G Compatible】Support 5G and deliver astonishing high speed; support 5G only that’s largely...
HiBoost Cell Phone Booster offers extensions up to 12,000 square feet. Due to its portability, it’s the top pick for camping, cabin, farm, R.V. trips, boat, apartment, motorhome, metal building, house, office, and basement. However, the cell phone repeater kit features automatically adjusting the signal on an ongoing basis to ensure that you receive the best performance.
Moreover, the outdoor antenna is powerful enough to pull in the signal from the nearest cell phone tower. The cell phone booster then amplifies that signal and re-broadcasts it using the built-in antenna in your house or workplace.
Most importantly, HiBoost offers US-based tech support that includes online app chat, phone, and email so that you can contact them anytime, anywhere you need service. Besides, HiBoost Plus and Pro series continue to embrace the latest industry standards, consequently enhancing performance, network capacity, and reliability for cellphones accessing 5G.
- FCC and I.C. Certified
- 3 years warranty
- Portable and efficient
- Extended coverage of 12,000 Square Feet
- Fast and easy installation
- Relatively costly
9) SureCall Fusion2Go 3.0 RV
- Product features: the SureCall Fusion2Go 3. 0 RV cell phone signal amplifier boosts weak signal for...
- Best for: the SureCall Fusion2Go 3. 0 RV is great for RVs and campers. It is ideal for cross-country...
- Antenna configuration: The SureCall Fusion2Go 3. 0 RV cellular booster kit comes with a...
The above cell phone signal booster is made for recreational vehicles, trailers, and campers to provide reliable voice, text, and cellular data for multiple users inside the vehicle. Besides, the Fusion2Go 3. 0 R.V. boosts all carriers’ voice, text, and 4G LTE data signals and features 2XP Technology offering twice the uplink power over the closest competitor allowing users to maintain a solid connection to the cell tower in the weakest signal environments.
Additionally, Fusion2Go 3. 0 R.V. is compatible with all mobile devices operating on North American cellular carrier networks, such as Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile. The cellular booster kit comes with an Omni-directional outside antenna and a whip-style internal antenna. These antennas directly connect to the signal amplifier, which broadcasts boosted Cellphone signals throughout your R.V. or camper.
The Fusion2Go 3. 0 R.V. is 5G Phone Compatible and boosts voice and 4G LTE data signals on 5G phones and devices. On the other hand, it is ideal for cross-country travel or uses where the cellphone signal is weak. It features SureCall’s exclusive 2XP technology, which produces up to 2x the output power compared to similar boosters, enabling you to travel farther away from the cell tower.
- Omnidirectional antennae
- Higher audio quality, faster data, and streaming.
- Works with all U.S. carriers
- Easy to set up
- Limited range of interior antenna
10) Amazboost A1 Cell Phone Booster for Home
- compatible with all us carriers：band12, 13,17,5,25,2,4 , including: at&t, verizon, t-mobile,...
- boosts voice and data signal. suitable for metal roofs on home, office, shop, building, warehouse,...
- multi -user simultaneous connectivity: smart phones, tablets, modems, wi-fi hotspots can all...
This home booster is compatible with all U.S. carriers and supports bands 12, 13,17,5,25,2,4, including Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, U.S., Cellular, etc. However, it’s suitable for metal roofs on homes, offices, shops, buildings, and warehouses and improves the signal up to 100x, covering an area of 2500 sq. ft. Notably, the coverage area range depends on the outdoor signal level ranging from 1-2 bars (-100dbm) ~400 sq. ft., 3-4 bars (-90dbm) ~1300 sq. ft.
Moreover, you can simultaneously connect smartphones, modems, tablets, and WiFi hotspots can help directly. With a better incoming signal, cell phones need less output power to send and receive a signal, significantly reducing the required transmission power of mobile phones and the level of electromagnetic radiation exposure to the human body. Additionally, a better signal reduces power usage, thus saving your battery and improving phones’ battery life on standby mode by up to an additional 2 hours.
- Pocket friendly
- Provides seamless connectivity
- Easy to follow the DIY installation
- FCC compliant
- Enhances the signal up to 100x
- No warranty details
The Best Cell Phone Signal Booster Has:
- Improved 4G, LTE, 3G coverage, reliable reception, and faster internet service.
- Operates on all phones and cellular devices (tablet, hotspot, laptop, etc.)
- Complete kits that are simple to install.
- No monthly fees, no connection to WiFi.
- Strong signal or 90 Money Back Guarantee!
- FCC certified cellular signal boosters
- 5G Ready
- Works for U.S. carriers (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, and more)
How Do You Boost Cell Phone Signal in Rural Areas?
You can use various methods to boost cell signal at home for free as long as there is an incoming cellular signal. However, your cell phone or tablet may be unable to detect the slightest signals, but you can improve it with a cell phone signal booster with its powerful antennas. Notably, a cell phone booster only creates a signal if there is an existing signal.
The signal boosters take in weak signals and amplify them up to 32 times, creating robust and reliable coverage for your mobile and other wireless devices. They work through the below mechanism;
1) An External Antenna: Works back and forth with the nearest tower and captures 4G, LTE, and 3G cellular signals available outside your home, vehicle, or building.
2) An Amplifier- Takes the cellular signal that’s been captured and amplifies it up to 32X for indoor or in-vehicle, home use.
3) An Internal Antenna: takes the amplified signal and broadcasts it throughout your home.
Moreover, an amplifier has prominent features that you should know the “gain” and “downlink power.” Below is an explanation about them;
4) Gain: means the amount of the signal amplified and is measured in dB. The higher the gain value, the more the signal from the donor antenna gets amplified.
- Downlink output power is the maximum signal that the amplifier can re-transmit inside the building or vehicle and is measured in dBm.
- The maximum downlink output power represents the system’s maximum coverage area when the amplifier has enough signal.
Key Features of a Cell Phone Signal Booster
Compatibility depends on the frequencies with which the cell phone booster works. A booster will work with certain wireless carriers and not others. For this reason, it’s crucial to confirm if the device is compatible with all types of signals, including 2G, 3G, and 4G LTE.
However, most major cell carriers operate within the same frequency range, which may not be an issue. You also need to check boosters that mainly come built to work with 5G technology. The best way to check that the signal reception is reliable is to check the FCC guideline adherence.
ii) Booster box
The majority of cell phone boosters for rural areas come built to mount to your existing antenna. However, most come with all the installation hardware, with the primary material being the cable. You need to run this from your antenna to the booster box and place it indoors, connecting it to an A.C. wall power source.
On the other hand, the amplifier improves the power within a given range, usually not further than 5,000 square feet. Besides, this figure decreases if the signal has to pass through walls.
Why Do Rural Areas Have Poor Cell Reception?
Generally, not all rural locations experience lousy cell reception. However, areas far away from the nearest cell towers are prone to have dead zones or spotty signal reception. In some cases, one or the combination of the following factors can cause a weak reception at any particular location.
1. Inter-cell Interference
Today’s cellular technologies, including 4G LTE, utilize the same frequency bands to transfer signals from all towers. If you reside between two or more towers of almost equal signal strength, the other signal towers will act as a barrier to the tower using; This hindrance causes inter-tower interference resulting in weak signals in urban and suburban areas.
2. Distance from the nearest cell phone tower
The longer the cellular signal travels through space, the more it gets weakened. If you live the farthest end from the nearest cell phone tower, your signal likely becomes relatively weak. Thus, the cell phone’s internal radio will be unable to communicate to the cell tower’s signal (the “downlink” signal), and on the same note, the cell tower experience a hard time communicating with your cell phone (the “uplink” signal).
3. Building materials or vehicle construction
Materials such as concrete, drywall, wood, metal, and Low-E glass can distort the signal reception even if the outside signal of the building or vehicle is strong. This material will make the signal weaker inside a home, office, and vehicle.
4. Geography and nearby buildings
If you reside in a mountainous or hilly and tall building surrounded area, you can experience a lousy connection the same way building materials block signal. Your signal reception can get hindered by buildings between you and the nearest cell tower.
The rural population can now enjoy a strong network reception like the urban residents, where the telecommunication infrastructure is greatly enhanced. If you are a victim of a poor connection in rural areas, you can choose any of the above signal boosters depending on your budget and needs. Interestingly, most boosters work with any U.S. carrier and are compatible with all cellular phones and mobile devices.